Fish-Skull Streamer Heads Description
The Fish-Skull™ is a weighted head that has a realistic baitfish profile and is specifically designed for tying freshwater and saltwater streamer fly patterns. Quick-and-simple to tie, this latest innovation in fly tying offers fly fishermen an exciting alternative to using old-style dumbbells or cones to weight their flies. The Fish-Skull™ has unique design features making it a very versatile platform for tying a wide variety of realistic, weighted streamer patterns using natural or synthetic fly tying materials. Small Fish-Skulls 10 per pack, Medium Fish-Skulls 8 per pack, Large Fish-Skulls 6 per pack.
1. REALISTIC BAITFISH PROFILE
• The Fish-Skull™ design mimics the head, eyes and gill plates of a baitfish producing a more realistic looking profile.
• The realistic size head typically “pushes more water” than traditional flies.
• Fish-Skull™ adds weight to your streamer pattern. They are made from a lightweight metal composite that allow us to create a realistic size fish-head with a large surface area, but without adding excessive weight.
• They weigh roughly about the same as an equivalent hook size dumbbell. Weight as follows: Small skull is 0.48 grams (0.017 ounce), Small-Medium skull is 0.79 grams (0.028 ounces), Medium skull is 1.26 grams (0.044 ounces), and the Large skull is 2.46 grams (0.087 ounces).
• For the SMALL size Fish-Skull we suggest to use Rod/Line weight size #5 and higher.
• For the new SMALL-MEDIUM size Fish-Skull we suggest to use Rod/Line weight size #6 and higher.
• For the MEDIUM size Fish-Skull we suggest to use Rod/Line weight size #8 and higher.
• For the LARGE size Fish-Skull we suggest to use Rod/Line weight size #9 and higher.
• Made from a 100% lead free metal composite material that is guaranteed to be corrosion free for up to 80 hours in saltwater.